Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Final Letter - Manchester, England

This week I finished my service as a full time missionary. I love England with all my heart. That place is sacred ground for me. 

In verse 2 of Alma 26, Ammon poses a question to his brethren after completing his mission. He gets too excited and ends up answering it himself so I thought I'd do the same. He says, "What great blessing has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell?"...

I'm grateful that God sent me to Manchester, Stoke on Trent, and Liverpool. I'm grateful that He had me serve with Elders Audrlicky, Masekoameng, Carlson, Pohorelicky, Dawe, Nathan, Pohorelicky again, Crawford, Stephens, Pohorelicky again haha, Elder Dixon, and Elder Lima. I'm grateful I was able to teach such wonderful people the gospel from countries all over the world. I'm grateful for the humor, love, and sarcasm of the members and their willingness to help us build up the Lords kingdom. I'm grateful for every single minute I was able to talk with people on the streets, testify of the savior to strangers, and share scriptures and pass along cards with anyone who'd let me. I'm grateful that I was able to be a missionary during Corona virus and go through the challenges of finding and teaching online. I'm grateful for my mission President and his council, leadership, expectations, and profound example of what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for my mission president's wife and her selfless character and charitable soul. I'm grateful for every missionary I was able to work with, the Christ like attributes they exemplified, and the brotherhood we established on British soil. 

As I go forward I want to remember the words from Alma 7:7...

7 For behold, I say unto you there be many things to come; and behold, there is one thing which is of more importance than they all—for behold, the time is not far distant that the Redeemer liveth and cometh among his people.

I hope and pray that the world will be able to recognize the magnitude and importance of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I have seen a knowledge of these things transform the lives of many souls including my own. True and enduring peace comes only from Him, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder McConkie





No comments:

Post a Comment