Sunday, November 3, 2019

Alma 7:7 - Manchester, England

This week was a bit of a blur, but it was such a good time!
Elder Stephens and I have been hitting the streets hard and been having some good laughs. It's always a blessing to have a companion you get along with, just makes things so much easier. 
My favorite scripture at the moment is Alma 7:7
It says...
"For behold, I say unto you there be many things to come; and behold, there is one thing which is of more importance than they all- for behold, the time is not far distant that the Redeemer liveth and cometh among his people."

In the busyness of life, and even mission life, it can be very easy to get caught up with everything going on around us. It can be overwhelming to think about the "many things to come", and we can lose sight of why we're actually here. But I've seen lately how focusing, and connecting all that we do to Christ and His Atonement is what brings meaning and purpose to our lives. If we can take any situation and be able to bridge it to the Savior than we're going to be just fine. I'm grateful that I've been able to learn that He is the only true and lasting way to joy and peace. Before my mission if I needed some peace of mind I'd just crank some nice tunes or go pound a volleyball but now I know that true peace comes when we sincerely look to Jesus. He lives! And to be able to know that "is of more importance than they all"...

This mission thing is so great it just blows my mind sometimes.

Love y'all!
Hurrah Hurrah
Elder McConkie
jmcconkie@missionary.org

Went hiking with the boys

No comments:

Post a Comment